RE: Parallel EBGP sessions and RFC1771 collision detection.

From: Christian Panigl, ACOnet/UniVie (panigl@cc.univie.ac.at)
Date: Fri Nov 26 1999 - 07:51:39 EST

>Date: Thu, 25 Nov 1999 19:47:18 +0100
>From: Alex Bligh <amb@gxn.net>
>
>This should be an easy question:
>
>Can I safely maintain a two EBGP between two routers (A and B) if
>I use different interfaces on each router? This appears to work in

    Hi Alex,

    did you get an answer already ? I don't see any problem with this. But
    probably what you'd prefer is "EBGP Multihop (Load Balancing)", with just
    one EBGP session but traffic load-sharing onto two (or more) lines between
    two routers.

    Please refer to "BGP4 Case Studies/Tutorial, Section 1":

    or, general Cisco "BGP Technical Tips" at:

    Cheers
    CP