Re: [nsp] DOSCIS 1.0 to 1.1 issue ! ! !

From: Mark Turpin (mark-cisco-nsp@gomez.charter.com)
Date: Thu May 09 2002 - 11:06:30 EDT

On Fri, May 03, 2002 at 04:10:08PM +0000, Tejal Shah wrote something like this:
> Hi all,
>
> I am using ubr7246 with IOS docsis 1.0 complient
> running.
> I have upgraded IOS 12.2 with doscis 1.1 compliant,but
> after upgrading the performance is degraded,there is major
> diffrence in throughput at customer's site.Also the SNR
> value on all upstream port is degraded.

Tejal,

1) make sure your modems support 1.1 before you implement 1.1
2) why upgrade to 12.2? Upgrading to the latest and greatest is not necessarily
a good standpoint to take in a production environment.
3) performance is degraded? check out:

http://www.cisco.com/warp/customer/109/troubleshooting_slow_perf.shtml
http://www.cisco.com/warp/customer/109/rf.html
http://www.cisco.com/warp/public/109/

You might want to bookmark that last one...

cheers,
-Mark

--
         A lack of leadership is no substitute for inaction.