RE: Priority queue

From: Cheung, Rick (Rick.Cheung@NextelPartners.com)
Date: Wed May 22 2002 - 10:40:49 EDT

        I dont believe the utilization would have to be pegged for the
priority to be "active" for your FTP traffic. Priority queue basically
forwards all packets other than FTP out its interface first before any FTP
traffic is serviced.

        If you're intimately familiar with the network traffic on that fast
ethernet, you can try using custom queueing.

        But basic WFQ should be sufficient to prioritize low traffic,
interactive applications by default.

Rick Cheung
NPI IT Wan Team, CCNP