Re: [nsp] Mapping traffic into MPLS tunnels

From: Eric Osborne (eosborne@cisco.com)
Date: Wed May 22 2002 - 18:20:28 EDT

On Wed, May 22, 2002 at 05:30:33PM -0400, Ravichander Vaidyanathan wrote:

> Thanks much for the responses. Is policy based routing supported on vrf
> interfaces? My impression (at least a few IOS versions ago), was that it
> was not...

No, it isn't. If you want to do any sort of decision-making on a VRF
interface, you need to do it on destination IP address. You can play
games with setting next-hop differently for different destination
routes (based on community, etc), but if you need to distinguish
between traffic destined to the same IP address and coming from a VRF,
you're currently limited to destination-based routing.

eric