RE: [nsp] QoS question

From: Ahmer Ghazi (ghazi@sys.net.pk)
Date: Fri May 24 2002 - 02:48:28 EDT

What you could probably do is to color your networks at their point of origination. For example you can set your high priority network with IP_Prec 5, and low priority with IP_Prec 0.

For the return traffic, you can use BGP to distribute QoS policy. The queuing strategy can be set to random-detect, so that the router can drop the lower precedence traffic if needed.

You can also try using rate-limit input on your link to the ISPs and limit the lower priority networks to a certain rate.

regards,

Ahmer Ghazi