[nsp] advice on upgrading IOS on Cat6K with Native IOS

From: Chris Johns (chrisjohns_cisco@hotmail.com)
Date: Sun May 26 2002 - 18:57:06 EDT

Folks,

I am after some advice on upgrading the IOS on a Cat6K which has recently
been changed from hybridIOS to nativeIOS.

I have 2 supervisor modules and 2 msfc daughter boards. Currently I copy the
new image to the bootflash, and change the boot command to boot the new
image. Is there a way to force the bootflash on msfc1 to sync with msfc2
(using the "remote command" or similar) or do I have to copy the image to
the bootflash by taking out supervisor1 and making supervisor2 the active
and copying the new image to its bootflash? I have searched the cisco site
for relevant documentation but can't find anything useful, can someone point
me in the right direction or explain a better or more efficient way of doing
this, I would be greatful.

thanks
chris