[nsp] tftp-server system:running-config

From: kevin graham (kgraham@dotnetdotcom.org)
Date: Sun Jun 02 2002 - 17:47:35 EDT

Does anyone know if 'tftp-server system:running-config' is supposed to
work? I've tried it on a couple different platforms and when retrieving
the config via tftp, all I get is comment lines w/ last mod times of
running and startup. A tftp get on nvram:startup-config works fine..

I'm guessing this relates to the fact that running-config is built on the
fly.. The TAC has been pretty useless on this, so I thought I'd see if
someone could hint at the touch of magic that's required, or atleast be
able to assert that it simply does not, and should not work..

Just looking for a decent way to retrieve configs without having to leave
the admin host open.

If CISCO-CONFIG-COPY had port numbers for ftp/tftp, it'd be great, as I
could select a random port, listen on it, then shutdown once I got the
file, but alas.. Otherwise, I guess I'll just go with the easy solution
and flip permissions on the file before/after on a traditional tftp
server.

thanks.
..kg..