Re: [nsp] BGP Newbie Question.

From: Gert Doering (gert@greenie.muc.de)
Date: Thu Jun 06 2002 - 15:48:10 EDT

Hi,

On Thu, Jun 06, 2002 at 10:18:09AM +0000, Tejal Shah wrote:
> My requirement is that whenever one of the link goes
> down all traffic should get go through other link.

This is pretty much automatic.

> To do this what should i do in my both of router. If
> my AS numner is 100 and AS number of both upstream provider
> 200 and 300 respectively.

Get the Halabi book, and work through it. Really. It's worth every
cent (and more).

There is no other way to get a BGP setup that will do what you want than
"understanding how BGP works". You need this for troubleshooting if it
doesn't, for load-balancing, to avoid that you don't break *other*
people's networks, and so on.

BGP can't be set up by asking people for sample configurations.

gert

                                                           //www.muc.de/~gert/
Gert Doering - Munich, Germany                             gert@greenie.muc.de
fax: +49-89-35655025                        gert.doering@physik.tu-muenchen.de