[nsp] Migrating from vtp transparent to server/client - tips ?

From: matthew zeier (mrz@intelenet.net)
Date: Fri Jun 14 2002 - 01:25:28 EDT

I have a sizable network of switches all set to transparent VTP that I'd
like to migrate into a common VTP domain.

Before I play in the lab, any gotcha's I should be looking out for?
Recommended steps? Would I be safe if I put one switch in a domain and made
it server and then made the other switches clients?

My concern is that perhaps unless the VLANs are identical on all switches,
one switch will overwrite another with a possible incorrect view.

Thanks.

--
matthew zeier - "In mathematics you don't understand things.  You just
get used to them." - Johann von Neumann