Re: [nsp] BGP loop detection

From: Philip Smith (pfs@cisco.com)
Date: Wed Jun 19 2002 - 02:03:30 EDT

At 13:46 19/06/2002 +0800, Nick Kraal wrote:
>Thanks all for your valuable advice.
>
>I tried the "neighbor EBGP-address allowas-in" command on the customer's
>routers but this did not work. So we requested that they put in static
>routes to the next-hop router. Quite unsexy I think.

If you follow the "Keep it Simple" principle, unsexy is often the best
option. I've seen too many broken networks in my career to agree with
anyone who recommends anything other than the simple solution.

> This is until and have
>recommended that they place an internal circuit between the 2 networks, run
>an IGP and should not be utilizing us for inter-PoP connectivity. But in the
>mean time this will have do.

Agreed. *Many* people in a similar situation do the same thing.

>Don't really know where to begin with implementing MPLS in an ISP network.
>Most of literature out there is for IP-VPN networks.

Okay, so how big a sledgehammer do you want to crack this particular nut? :((

philip