Re: [nsp] eBGP establishment

From: Harold Ritter (hritter@cisco.com)
Date: Thu Jun 20 2002 - 13:01:59 EDT

Sean,

It looks like the check will only prevent the peer with the default route
to actively open the session.

At 11:46 AM 6/20/2002 -0500, Sean Crocker wrote:
> >Chris,
> >
> >BGP will purposely not use the default route to establish the session to a
> >peer. Use anything more specific and the session will come up.
>
>Sounds like Chris is asking why the more explicit route is only
>required on one side... ie. one side with an explicit route
>sends the Open and transitions to OpenSent, then the other
>router replies with it's own Open even though it doesn't have
>an explicit route.

>Sean

Harold Ritter, CCIE 4168
Advanced Network Services - ISP East
Cisco Systems
300 Apollo Drive
Chelmsford, MA 01824 USA
Phone: 978 497 3129
Fax: 978 497 3129
Cisco Systems- "Empowering the Internet Generation."