Re: [nsp] c1900 FCS errors

From: Kashani (kashani@enteract.com)
Date: Fri Dec 03 1999 - 21:19:22 EST

Been fighting with this one myself, if it's the same problem.

Sun boxes like to auto negotiate their connection. If the Cisco is set to
full 100, full dup you will see FCS errors or at least on 29xx and 55xx in
my experience. Try setting your switch to auto negotiate the connection.
The only problem this introduces is that when you reboot the switch your
Sun machines may negotiate a lower connection, usually half dup/100.
Resetting the connection will cause it to pick the higher setting the next
time around. I think it has something to do with the way the Cisco boots.

There may also be a way to make the Sun box happy with being told what its
connection should be. I've heard rumors, but haven't found anything that
actually worked.

Kashani