RE: [nsp] c6k QOS, pfc marking

From: Kinczli Zoltán (Zoltan.Kinczli@Synergon.hu)
Date: Tue Jun 25 2002 - 05:14:51 EDT

  I have found the answer to my question.
PFC marking works fine with 12.1(8b)E10, 12.1(11b)E4...
   i guess it's working with other images as well.

  The problem was i haven't altered the global markdown table, i.e
without markdown all the traffic gets coloured just like the conform
traffic.

  Now i use this policer:

'police 64000 8000 16000 pir 128000 con set-dscp 26 exc policed violate
drop'

with global markdown table changed from the default (default is no
markdown) like:

'mls qos map policed normal 26 to 30'

Everything works as it should: the tranfer rate is around 128k, part of
the packets
is coloured as dscp 26 (AF31) the rest is coloured as dscp30 (AF33).

 Thanks to Sean Crocker for warning not to change the precedence, as the
marked down
traffic might get queued into a different queue, so out of orders might
result.

bye
  --zoltan