[nsp] VPN help

From: Alban Dani (adani@stevens-tech.edu)
Date: Wed Jul 03 2002 - 13:03:04 EDT

I am having a hell of a time trying to make the Microsoft VPN client to
use L2TP/IPSec and connect to a Cisco VPN3000.

We are coming in from the external interface of the VPN since we want to
make all our wireless clients go through it.

I configured the Cisco VPN client and that works as a charm.

When I tried MS client only with PPTP ( no IPSec ) I could connect but
then I could not browse properly ( only pages with one or two lines ) ,
read large e-mails etc.

I tried playing with the MTU size without any positive result.

Then I configured IPSec on my machine and VPN client ( following
instructions from MS and Cisco ) and I could not even connect to the VPN
server.

I have gone around the web and spent three days on this problem.

Has anybody successfully done this, and if so do you have any hints or
reference materials that might help me?

Thanks Alban