[nsp] QOS on 2950 Switch

From: Steven Godfrey (steven.godfrey@intechnology.co.uk)
Date: Mon Jul 08 2002 - 12:30:23 EDT

We have purchased some 2950 switches to use as CPE devices for our LAN extension customers.

The idea being that we can do the QOS at the edge.

The IOS release image that I'm using c2950-i6q4l2-mz.121-9.EA1.bin, will not allow me to specify the output queues on the egress
interface.

I'm referring to the document:
http://www.cisco.com/univercd/cc/td/doc/product/lan/cat2950/1216ea2b/scg/swgqos.pdf and on page 27 it show how you should be able to
specify the output queues.

This command just is not there in this version, or in version c2950-i6q4l2-mz.121-6.EA2a.bin. The switch is running the enhanced
image as verified by the sh ver command.

Has anyone had any luck configuring the queues on a 2950?

Thanks in advance..

Regards,

Steven

CitC Virus Scanning Service powered by SkyLabs. For further information visit
http://www.citc.it