RE: [nsp] Gigabit Ether Channel on Cisco 12000s

From: Matt Ryan (Matt.Ryan@telewest.co.uk)
Date: Fri Jul 19 2002 - 06:45:05 EDT

The 3GE will never run all 3 ports at line rate what ever the packet size
(ie/ you do not overload the forwarding ASIC). This is because the usable
bandwidth from the card into the fabric is ~2.8Gbps (full-duplex). The line
cards on a GSR do not switch packets internally - all traffic between cards
(even on the same card) is via the switch fabric.

Matt.