Re: Network troubleshooting resources

From: Priscilla Oppenheimer (cilla@priscilla.com)
Date: Wed Dec 15 1999 - 14:36:53 EST

Do you know about the Cisco Internetwork Troubleshooting (CIT) instructor-led hands-on course? The class has also been ported to a Cisco Press book, edited by Laura Chappell and Dan Farkas, CCIE. See http://www.ciscopress.com.

Speaking of Laura Chappell, her Web site is a good place to start for protocol analysis information. See http://www.netanalysis.org/.

Also, check out the troubleshooting classes from Network Associates. The classes were terrific when they were still Network General (makers of the Sniffer). I hope they are still as good?

Good luck!

Priscilla

At 01:04 AM 12/15/1999 -0600, Steve Pfister wrote:
>What are some good network troubleshooting guides, especially for all-Cisco
>networks? Most of what I know about troubleshooting and networking in
>general is self-taught, and a bit spotty in some areas. I've got a current
>performance problem that I'm kind of stuck on. As a test, I've got a script
>on one host pinging another host that's on the other side of two routers.
>Even when the networks in question are relatively quiet, I'm getting packet
>loss. There are times when it gets to be 12-13% for a set of 100 pings.
>What's the best place to get formal training in network troubleshooting?
>
>Thanks!
>
>--Steve

Priscilla Oppenheimer
Phone 541-482-5685