Re: Serial line troubleshooting

From: George Robbins (grr@shandakor.tharsis.com)
Date: Mon Dec 20 1999 - 21:12:39 EST

You need a t1 cross-over, which isn't the same as an ethernet crossover
and you typically have to set on of the CSU's to "internal clock" vs
"loop/network clock".

The crossover has to swap pins 1+2 with 4+5, while the ethernet thing
swaps 1+2 with 3+6. 8-)

Of course this bypasses all the issues of t1 CSU setup compatbillity
with the way the circuit is provisioned, but may still be a useful
sort of diagnostic.

                                                George