RE: [nsp] QoS for a particular set of flows over a DS3...

From: Jorma Mellin (jorma.mellin@teliafi.net)
Date: Thu Dec 23 1999 - 07:18:30 EST

--clip----
>Restrictions:
>
> This must be done only on the ends of DS3 link... meaning that
>the rest of my network cannot be changed.
>
> R1 and R2 are 7513's running 11.1CC (IOS upgrades are welcomed,
>only if necessary)
>
>So far:
>
> I've considered using Priority/Custom Queueing, but I can't seem
>to figure out how to assign these packets/flows to the custom queue. I've
>considered using MPLS, but the Cisco docs are pretty hard to search
>through to find out how to setup the bandwidth management on the TSP
>tunnel.
>
>Any other ideas?

Upgrade the IOS to 12.0(7)T and use class-based wfq with priority
at output interface towards the peer, and wfq for other traffic:

access-list 101 permit ip <source> <mask> <destination> <mask>
access-list 102 permit ip any any

class sample
 match access-group 101

class normal
 match access-group102

policy-map peername
 class sample
 priority <bandwidth> <-- this is the guaranteed bandwidth to peer

 class normal
 bandwidth <bandwidth> <-- this is all other bandwidth
 random-detect <--optional, use for wred
 fair-queuing <-- optional, use for flow-based wfq

interface serial 1/0.1 point-to-point
 service-policy output peername

This should do it.

Jorma