Re: [nsp] redistributing secondary address

From: Rick Burts (burts@ccci.com)
Date: Thu Jan 06 2000 - 07:30:53 EST

On Wed, 5 Jan 2000, Alex Bligh wrote:

> > There are a few caveats about secondary addressing which I am sure
> > you are already aware of, like the requirement that the routers agree
> > on the primary address and the primary address on all the routers must
> > be in a common subnet.
>
> IE you cannot have an OSPF link *between* secondary addresses.

Correct. The secondary addresses will be able to communicate, but the
link will be between the primary addresses.

> --
> Alex Bligh
> GX Networks (formerly Xara Networks)

Rick Burts, CCSI CCIE 4615 burts@ccci.com
Chesapeake Computer Consultants 410-280-8840 ex 3015
275 West Street 410-280-8859 fax
Plaza 70
Annapolis, Md 21401

Chesapeake is a certified Cisco Training Partner and also
a Cisco Professional Services partner.
We offer most of the Cisco training courses.
We also offer training in Checkpoint Firewall software and
Fore Systems and NetScout.
We also provide network consulting services including
design, management, and problem solving.
We have 24 CCIEs on our staff.