Re: [nsp] ISIS Level-2 route redistribution

From: Jesper Skriver (jesper@skriver.dk)
Date: Thu Jan 06 2000 - 09:02:59 EST

On Wed, Jan 05, 2000 at 04:42:31PM -0500, Keoseyan, Scott (Broadwing) wrote:
> Does anyone know if there's a way to get IS-IS level-2 routes advertised to
> a level-1 router?
>
> If so, can the metric be preserved?
>
> I would think it involves using a route-map, and so... I created one. But
> where would this route-map get applied? I tried the redistribute command,
> but it did not take. How can I reference the route map or should I be
> pursuing another direction?
>
> Again, I tried the redistribute command, but in retrospect, that doesn't
> make a lot of sense to me, since I would be redistributing from ISIS into
> ISIS. I also tried the summary address command with the level-1 keyword on
> the L1-L2 router... still no good.
>
> All the routers are in 1 area... so the default-route does not appear in the
> L1 routers. I really don't want to have to generate a default in the L2
> router unless I have to.

Look at the latest 12.0(x)T releases, has route leaking, with is
exactly what you want.

/Jesper

--
Jesper Skriver, jesper(at)skriver(dot)dk
Work:    Network manager @ AS3292 (Tele Danmark DataNetworks)

One Unix to rule them all, One Resolver to find them, One IP to bring them all and in the zone to bind them.