Re: POS problems

From: Neil J. McRae (neil@COLT.NET)
Date: Fri Jan 07 2000 - 05:17:38 EST

On Wed, 05 Jan 2000 23:12:25 -0500
 Steve Meuse <smeuse@bbnplanet.com> wrote:

> I will have to say that Cisco is inconsistent on that topic. When I asked a
> DE about which clock source we should use in telco provided circuits the
> answer was basically "which ever works".

On SDH provided service it should always be set to clock from
the line at both ends. On PDH, [i.e. DS3 E3 E1] one end should be internal
one should be clocked from the line.

I've seen certain cross connect and other devices that provide
framing [FR swiches etc] that break this rule, and its hard to tell
if its telco misconfiguration or vendor issues.

Regards,
Neil.

--
Neil J. McRae                             C O L T  I N T E R N E T
neil@COLT.NET