Re: SHOCK NEWS: Cisco not RFC-1812 compliant

From: Martin Cooper (mjc@cooper.org.uk)
Date: Mon Jan 10 2000 - 20:59:37 EST

"Ron Buchalski" <rbuchals@hotmail.com> wrote:

> Well, did you ever think that, by _not_ putting OSPF onto a small
> router platform like the 800, that Cisco would be preventing people
> like _you_ from calling their TAC to complain that your "five hundred
> Cisco 800 Series routers, all in Area 0, are pegging the CPU every
> time there's a change in the network"?

Yeah alright - fair point (although _not_ people like me...I did
indicate that I recognised it was a toy router if you remember...).

> Stay away from the knife drawer, Martin. ;-)

I'm going back to my nice safe crayon drawer now... ;-)

<WHINE>
Why oh why do I have to work with such c**p hardware - oh, yes, I
remember: it's because I work for a cheapskate University these days...
</WHINE>

M.