[nsp] [nsp] 6500 port based security and management

From: Desmarais, Jonathan (JDesmarais@colt-telecom.com)
Date: Mon Jan 24 2000 - 04:32:50 EST

Two problems.

1. We are trying to activate port based security to bar certain TCP
applications. The problem we have is that we cannot get the ports into
Trusted-Cos mode. And therefore the policies we set up and map to a given
port do not work. We have tried deleting and recreating policies, and
defaulting the ports and qos settings, but to no avail. Every time we use
the 'set port qos trust trust-cos command it comes back with a warning that
says the port does not support trusted-cos mode.

Any ideas?

2. The same 6509 have two Supervisor modules, each of which has an MSFC
router card attached. All devices are connected to a management LAN lets
call it A. They are either directly connected or through a common Vlan which
is part of the same LAN. All are accessed via the LAN A address by snmp,
except the MSFC cards. The are being sourced by their public addresses, the
addresses we configured first. I though perhaps Ciscoworks was accessing the
first address in the config, however that is not the case. Is their
something that can be configured in CISCO works or the router cards that
will enable us to access the LAN A address for snmp queries?

COLT Telecommunications
Registered in England No. 2452736
Registered Office: Bishopsgate Court, 4 Norton Folgate, London E1 6DQ
Tel. 0171 390 3900

relationship between COLT Telecommunications, its subsidiaries or
affiliates ("COLT") and you. Internet communications are not secure
and therefore COLT does not accept legal responsibility for the
contents of this message. Any view or opinions expressed are those of
the author. The message is intended for the addressee only and its
contents and any attached files are strictly confidential. If you have
received it in error, please telephone the number above. Thank you.