Re: [nsp] Routing between VLANs using 802.1q

From: Michael Beckmann (petzi@apfel.de)
Date: Mon Jan 24 2000 - 12:00:28 EST

On Mon, Jan 24, 2000 at 01:10:43AM -0500, George Robbins wrote:
> You do know that you create sub-interfaces and that the encap goes
> on the sub-interface, not the main one? It's not obvious until
> you've been there.

Does this mean, I can do standard Ethernet and 802.1q at the same
time ?

I also believed that I should set the VLAN of the respective switch
interface to "trunk". Is this not correct ?

The documentation about this seems to be rather scarce, or is it
just the search engine on Cisco´s website ?

Michael