[nsp] Degraded tcp session performance

From: Steve Pfister (srp336@optimum.com)
Date: Mon Jan 24 2000 - 17:10:55 EST

For the last several months, we seem to be having some reports by
several of our users concerning tcp session performance. For example,
a user will try and request a web page, wait a while, cancel the
request, and will need to request it several times before the page
will be received (at which point it seems to load normally in most
cases).

My first thought on this, is that the remote server is doing a
reverse lookup on the user's IP address for its logs, and is getting
a timeout, after which the page is sent.

Remote servers shouldn't have any problem that I can see in doing
reverse lookups of our IP addresses. Is there any way I
verify/troubleshoot this?

Could this be a router configuration issue?

Thanks!

--Steve