Re: [nsp] CAR bug

From: c.spurgeon@mail.utexas.edu
Date: Mon Jan 31 2000 - 15:04:27 EST

>Have you tried this recently 11.1(n)-CC-wise? We've used CAR pretty
>extensively in the regional ISP setting (nap-peering, multi-pop backbone,
>lots of t1's and colocation and never had a reason to back it out.

It was several rev levels back. Maybe 11.1(24) or (29)CC code, I can't
recall. I'm glad to hear that CAR is working for you in these
situations, since we've been thinking about using CAR to rate limit in
some of the same circumstances.

>Of course like CEF/dCEF it's the intersection between the users's
>environment and an extensive set of bugs that determine whether or
>not the feature is usable...

Amen to that!

Recently some ops folks hereabouts have started using the phrase
"situation Cisco" to describe that all-too-familiar sinking feeling
one gets when the nets go augering in. All I know is that the
"feature/bug probability fog" known as IOS always gets the last word.

-Charles