Re: [nsp] Half-duplex 10BASE-T interfaces of a Cisco 4x00

From: Dmitri Kalintsev (dek@hades.uz)
Date: Mon Feb 07 2000 - 00:20:00 EST

On Sat, Feb 05, 2000 at 01:43:55AM -0500, George Robbins wrote:

> > > Does someone know a trick in order to make use of the 2 half-duplex Ethernet
> > > interfaces of a Cisco 4000 (or any other 4x00) in the same subnet ? A single
> > > half-duplex interface can barely forward and receive 4 Mbps of full-duplex
> > > traffic, and I'm trying to figure out a way to activate the other
> > > half-duplex interface on the same subnet to share the load. Input by one
> > > interface and output by the other is one ideia, but any load-sharing
> > > mechanism is wellcome.

I wonder if 12.0(4 and above)T won't help you - they seem to have included
full duplex mode for 10BaseT (though I cannot be sure for what models it is
true; it certainly is for 36xx and 26xx).

Hope this helps,

--
   (KD1350) CCNA                                     Dmitri E. Kalintsev
   CDPlayer@irc            Senior network engineer at NetActive Internet