Re: [nsp] Best ATM termination options for DSL on 7200

From: Josh Richards (jrichard@fix.net)
Date: Tue Feb 15 2000 - 14:41:57 EST

On 15 Feb 2000, George Robbins said something about:

> I don't know the characteristics of the "Industrial DSL", but in
> general a PA-A3 is a workable solution for getting started when
> you don't want to get a dedicated DSL router.
[..]

> We have serveral PA-A3's deployed for DSL - it's worked out reasonably
> well - DSL rollout can be really slow, especially if your providers
> are get getting into the CO's and it can take a long time before you
> hit the limitations...

Are you doing PPP over ATM or BVI (or other)?

I'm working out a strategy to do just this, starting out on a PA-A3 on a
7206VXR/300 with a migration path to a Redback SMS or Cisco 6xxx once
quanity demands it. It would be nice to be able to simply "unplug and
replug" into the SMS/6xxx when that time comes. The key is not wanting to
do tons CPE reconfiguration at the same time...

-jr

----
Josh Richards [JTR38/JR539-ARIN], Director of Engineering/Network Operations
The FIX Network, Inc. - San Luis Obispo, CA - <URL:http://www.fix.net/>