Re: [nsp] hssi interface

From: George Robbins (grr@shandakor.tharsis.com)
Date: Tue May 30 2000 - 01:08:36 EDT

Data inversion is a choice at the CSU/DSU to match the DTE, traditionally
IBM compatible stuff required inversion, so there's no way to specifiy it
at the DTE (i.e. HSSI interface).

typically for this kind of application you want the satellite modem to
supply both transmit and receive clock - it knows...

"Overrun" errors on the interface are not directly clock related, they
indicate when the router doesn't have enough DMA bandwidth to accept the
data coming in at line rate. If they're coupled with framing or CRC
errors, that indicates your data may be getting generally trashed.

                                                        George