[nsp] bridging questions

From: jlewis@lewis.org
Date: Sat Jun 03 2000 - 23:12:45 EDT

I have a client who'll be moving from one building to another over the
course of several months. They have multiple separate ethernet networks
in the current building and would like to have up to 4 of them bridged to
the new building so systems/workstations can be moved one at a time
without having to reconfigure/renumber anything.

Am I correct in assuming this can be done with a pair of 3640's each with
a pair of NM2e2w and 4 WIC-1T1DSU's? Going by the example at
http://www.cisco.com/warp/public/701/37.html, it looks like I can just
setup 4 bridge groups and assign an ethernet and serial interface to each
one. I'm guessing I could also enable irb and setup one or more BVI
interfaces on each router for management access over ethernet.

Now for the tricky question. All the examples I've seen of briding over
WAN interfaces have a 1:1 mapping of bridge groups to WAN interfaces...or
in one case, multiple WAN interfaces for load sharing associated with a
single bridge group. Is there any way to bridge multiple ethernets over a
single WAN link (or even better, over 1 or more load sharing WAN links)?

i.e.

10.0.0.0/24--e0--|------| |------|--e0--10.0.0.0/24
                 | | one or more | |
10.0.1.0/24--e1--| 3640 |==============| 3640 |--e1--10.0.1.0/24
                 | | T1's | |
10.0.2.0/24--e3--|------| |------|--e3--10.0.2.0/24

 Jon Lewis *jlewis@lewis.org*| I route
 System Administrator | therefore you are
 Atlantic Net |