Re: OSPF NSSA redistribution

From: Dmitri Kalintsev (dek@hades.uz)
Date: Mon Jun 05 2000 - 01:35:27 EDT

On Fri, Jun 02, 2000 at 03:00:12AM -0400, Kari Asheim wrote:

> It is not really possible to tell from the documentation whether you
> can use summary-address on an ABR.
>
> I use both on an ABR, and I see that:
>
> - area range summarizes routes learnt via OSPF (type 3 in my network).
>
> - summary-address summarizes what is redistributed into OSPF by
> all routers in the area. This includes the type 7 routes that comes
> from other routers in the area redistributing static routes into OSPF.
>
> Kari

http://www.cisco.com/warp/public/104/3.html#12.0

deals with OSPF route summarisation issues.

Feel free to read starting from http://www.cisco.com/warp/public/104/1.html
as well - extremely useful document.

Have fun,

--
   CCNP,CCDP (R&S)                                   Dmitri E. Kalintsev
   CDPlayer@irc            Senior network engineer at NetActive Internet