Re: PA-MC-2T3 question

From: Paolo Bevilacqua (pab@cisco.com)
Date: Sat Jun 10 2000 - 16:56:19 EDT

At 02:41 PM 6/10/00 -0400, George Robbins wrote:
>Plus version supports sub-rate t3's (aka fractional t3). I
>don't think
>there was an upgrade program, it's not something to get excited
>about
>unless your provider offers offers cheap channelized sub-rate
>t3's. 8-)

channelized and sub-rate T3 are two different things.
channelized means that in the T3 are muxed up to 28 t1's so you
can connect to multiple remote locations using a single
interface, aka m13 mux functionality. subrate means that the t3
is circuit is provisioned point-to-point clear-channel, but is
not used at full bandwidth. Before PA-MC-2T3+ you needed two
different types of PA to do the two applications described
above. Now, you can do clear channel OR sub-rate OR channelized
T3 using the same hardware. The full functionality will be
released shortly with a software upgrade for the PA-MC-2T3+.

         /pab