Re: [nsp] BGP Regex overhead

From: RSMANI (rsm@ren.nic.in)
Date: Tue Jun 13 2000 - 23:48:18 EDT

Hi! Travis
The access-list that you are going to put on the BGP peering session comes
into play only when you are activating the sessions. Let us say your
upstream ISP is sending you all the table and you are filtering out the AS
path, this happens only once for all the 70000 odd table.

Hence the CPU load is not persistent.
Also you go through the as-path access-list when new notifications like
addtion or withdrawn routes comes to your router..

So I think it is more of a one time load everytime you reset the bgp
session.

All the best
Bye
Mani