[nsp] 8 Port ISDN BRI Module

From: Steve Yingst \(LMF Staff\) (runner@lmf.net)
Date: Fri Jul 21 2000 - 18:12:43 EDT

Does anyone have experience with the 8 Port BRI Module in either a 2600 or
3600 series router. We thought we were going to put this module in and get
rid of all of our Cisco 804 routers. That are doing 4 digit dialing to 804
routers at the customers side. It was a good theory. But either we have
a bad card/bad configuration or they have a bad design. Only one SPID will
initialize on the
card as Multiple_Frame_Established, the other one never makes it to that
part on the show isdn stat. If anyone has one either the 8 port or 4 port
module successfully running I would be eternialy greatful if I could see
your config. Cisco was in looking at the router and said it seems like
it's an issue with the telco, switch. So I plugged it back into my 804
router and the both SPIDs came up multiple_frame_established and worked dual
channel. So that pretty much rules out the line being physically bad. Any
ideas would be greatly appreciated.

Steve