[nsp] Weird Tracert results from windows PC's

From: Dave Greer (david-greer@gnc-hq.com)
Date: Tue Aug 15 2000 - 09:49:38 EDT

We have an issue between two of our sites that I am trying to determine were
/ what is at fault.

If we do a traceroute from the headquarters site it gets through the frame
relay cloud and then starts registering very high readings until it gets to
the destination IP. If they initiate a traceroute from their side or if I
use their router to do a traceroute then it gets to my WAN router and starts
registering very high readings from their on.

Does anyone know what might be causing this behaviour?

The routers and links involved do not seem to be overworked CPU Util
averages almost nothing, ample RAM, and the line is only about ~50% util on
average. We have alrady ordered more bandwidth but I am not sure that it
will help.

Any help appreciated.