[nsp] Disabling of break to modem Hosts

From: Scott Weil (sweil@calweb.com)
Date: Tue Aug 15 2000 - 21:08:20 EDT

I apologize in advance if this is the wrong forum for this
question. I am currently using a 2511 (IOS 11.1(16)) as a console
server for my various sun servers. Each line is currently configured
as 'modem Host' and I can console to my sun boxes beautifully. My
only problem is that if my 2511 is powered of it will send hardware breaks
to any servers that are currently attached to it. All of my sun boxes
immediatly go to an 'ok' prompt. I have heard stories that this break
feature can be turned off on the cisco end, but have not been able to find
any documentation on how to go about doing this (or maybe I have, but am
just too ill informed to have realized it). Any ideas?

Once again I apologize if this is the wrong forum, and would ask any
potential flames to include a pointer to the correct mailing list along
with any negative feelings you may want to convey.

Thanks!

-Scott