[nsp] BGP Migration

From: andy nwebube (andynwebube@hotmail.com)
Date: Wed Aug 16 2000 - 05:17:48 EDT

Hi guys

I wonder if anybody in this community can give me some advice. I am working
on migrating an AS to an already existing one. I have an idea of what I want
to do but I would love to hear from you guys.

The situation is the AS call it B that I am migrating is connected to the
main AS (A) at two places running 100Mb FE connections (with eBGP). Maximum
traffic on both lines are about 50Mb. AS B is also connected to another
telco that also provides internet access. the line is clocked at 18Mb. and
finally AS B has a connection to an Internet Exchange BW is 100Mb.
Apart from peering with the Telco and AS A, the only other peering is at the
Internet Exchange. (~50 peerings).

My question is how would you go about this without loosing much connectivity
to the internet and carry out the migration seamlessly.

Secondly, does anybody know where I could get information on the internet
with regards to case studies of AS migrations.

I would really appreciate any response

Regards,
Andy Nwebube