Re: [nsp] dCEF repair pressure group (was: Re: performance impact on rate-limit)

From: George Robbins (grr@shandakor.tharsis.com)
Date: Fri Aug 18 2000 - 14:00:13 EDT

Well, my observation has been that CEF itself fails to correctly maintain
the forwarding table on the complicated configs, and dCEF will generally
work OK as long as CEF does and you have enough memory. Of course it is
unlikely that there is only one problem... You kinda get used to the
idea that !.!.!.!.!.! is another way for spelling CEF.

What Tony is saying here about SRAM makes a lot of sense, and isn't
all that obvious, that you need max SRAM on *ALL* of the VIP's and
it's the inbound VIP that runs into problems not necessarily the one
with all the stuff dangling from it.

Are there any show commands or diagnostics that give you the bad news?

                                                George