Re: [nsp] Meaning of BGP parameter..

From: George Robbins (grr@shandakor.tharsis.com)
Date: Wed Aug 23 2000 - 02:22:10 EDT

hold time is the receive timeout before BGP consideres a session to
be dead, kills the session and withdraws all the routes. It may do
so quicker if the interface goes down or if there's no route to the
peer.

last read is the time since the last keepalive or routing update
packet was received, so when last read exceeds hold time, expect
the session to drop.

                                        George