Re: Switch 2924XL & access-list

From: sthaug@nethelp.no
Date: Tue Aug 29 2000 - 01:19:27 EDT

> The confusion stems from labeling the virtual managment interface
> "vlan1", while it may or may not have anything to do with the
> vlan tagged as #1. 8-(

By the way, we discovered the following strange thing about VLAN 1 last
night. It seems that if you have a 3548XL (probably also other 3548s)

- with 12.0(5)XU software
- and management VLAN changed from VLAN 1 to something different
- and VLAN 1 set to shutdown

the box will send BOOTP requests for an IP address for VLAN 1! (Even if
if has a working IP address for management on another VLAN).

I regard this as a bug. It doesn't happen with 12.0(5.1)XP. We fixed it
by using an explicit "no ip address" for VLAN 1.