Re: preferred DS3 framing

From: Charles Sprickman (spork@inch.com)
Date: Wed Sep 06 2000 - 17:53:43 EDT

This just gets more confusing as I find more info. I was looking at this
doc:

http://ext1.ttc.com/library/pdfs/fund_ds3.pdf

It's an interesting read, but like most other info I'm finding, it deals
with the base assumption that the DS3 is being used to multiplex 28
T1's. The doc talks about 'C-bit' (used for bit-stuffing and something
similar to T1 FDL) on a per-DS1 basis. I noticed the Cisco doc below does
the same thing.

I think I'm just lost here. Anyhow, I'll order unframed and pick c-bit,
and then do some testing when I get the line to see that alarms happen and
whatnot.

Thanks all,

Charles