Re: [nsp] Bridging DSL to 7206

From: Siva Valliappan (svalliap@cisco.com)
Date: Fri Sep 08 2000 - 17:42:17 EDT

what you could do, and the only way to prove what is happening, is to do
the following

  7200 -- atm sniffer -- DSL -- CPE -- sniffer -- linux box

run

debug atm packet interfact <intf> <vpi/vci>

on the 7200, and ping the linux box.

then on the sniff the line.

we need to see what is happening to the arp request and response.

you could be running into a

(a) bug on 7200
(b) bug on the cpe
(c) pattern sensitivity on the line, which causes the packet to be lost

i would suggest opening a case with the TAC, you should be able to get
a CE to help you read thru' the hex dump of the debug atm packet and
figure out what is going on. but if the packet dump on the router is good,
the only way to narrow this problem down is to get sniffers in the above
locations.

cheers
.siva