Re: [nsp] Injecting Customer Statcis into BGP - Methods

From: Martin Cooper (mjc@cooper.org.uk)
Date: Tue Sep 12 2000 - 16:36:06 EDT

"Martin, Christian" <cmartin@gnilink.net> writes:

> In particular, I am looking for an elegant route-map
> type solution that allows us to easily get statics
> into BGP, without leaking them outside the AS. I am
> thinking of using tags for customer statics, and
> then matching the tags before injection. The problem
> is, I'd have to go through and re-tag everything.
> I am also thinking of matching the next-hop,
> denying the private, non routable space,
> and so on.

Assuming static routes on your routers to downstream
customer prefixes, why not redist them into BGP but
tag them with BGP community 'no-export' so you don't
have to aggregate them later? If the statics are on
the customer side, then why not run BGP with the
customer, and filter the routes you accept from
them with a distribute-list in the route-map
that sets 'no-export' community ? Of course,
it's important to point out that this method
requires you to run a full iBGP-mesh on all
your internal routes (or simulate it using
route-reflectors of confederations)...

Regards,

M.