Re: [nsp] [nsp] AS5300 and NFAS

From: Jared Mauch (jared@puck.nether.net)
Date: Mon Sep 18 2000 - 21:44:40 EDT

On Mon, Sep 18, 2000 at 05:05:21PM -0400, Todd Gorman wrote:
> We are having major issues with an AS5300, running 12.1(4.0.1) T, pw
> 2.7.2.0. It is fed by multiple PRI's provisioned for NFAS. The users have
> been receiving intermittent fast-busies while trying to connect. Connection
> success rates are between 70-80%. Once connected, everything is relatively
> stable.
>
> We have worked for weeks with Cisco and Sprint to resolve the problems. We
> have swapped routers, upgraded and downgraded IOS and portware, ran BERT
> tests, etc to no avail. Cisco says this is a bug, and has somewhat taken
> responsibility. However they have not given us a resolution.
>
> We have an identical AS5300, with an identical config, with PRI NFAS set up
> in another data center, and it works fine. Anyone have any similar
> experiences, advice, etc? Is this really a bug, a service provider problem,
> or combination of the two? Thank you in advance!!

        We have had similar problems with NFAS and a telco in our
region.

        We have the exact same telco in two different cities.

        One NFAS group works without a problem, the other one gives
us nothing but headaches, causing fast-busies, and normal busies.

        I would suspect there is something wrong in the signaling between
the switch and the cisco equipment, and possibly there is some configuration
option hidden in the switch at the telco that would make it go away, but
they don't know what to change, or that it's there.

        - Jared

END OF LINE  |