Re: [nsp] [nsp] AS5300 and NFAS

From: Karl S. Hagen (khagen@greyhelm.com)
Date: Mon Sep 18 2000 - 23:43:05 EDT

   most times.. with NFAS.. its the buildout on the trunks.

   The Primary D and Backup D trunks must be id'd on the telco end
   as 1 & 2. They cannot be in any other order.

   The B's then must follow. AT&T and SBC both screwed me on this
   one and it took Cisco digging into their code to figure out the
   router expects the trunk IDs in a certain order.

   (Btw: if you want a real nightmare, run NFAS on a AS5800 with 2
         seperate Telco's with each telco using different switch types.
         Lets just say.. OUCH!)

Thus spake Jared Mauch (jared@puck.nether.net):

--
Karl S. Hagen                                   email: khagen@greyhelm.com