Re: [nsp] 12.0(12.??)S and PA-A3 problem

From: Jeff Bartig (jeffb@doit.wisc.edu)
Date: Tue Oct 03 2000 - 15:58:15 EDT

On Tue, Oct 03, 2000 at 12:10:05PM -0400, Greene, Patrick wrote:
> Jeff,
> Do you have your Peak and Sustained rates specified in your pvc
> configuration? If you do not then the ATM fabric you are passing through
> may be policing your cells. Is the ATM interface on either end of the PVC
> showing input errors..if so this is an indication of cells being dropped.

Patrick,

Thanks for the suggestion. This is most likely not the problem,
though, since the PA-A3 has almost zero traffic on it and the
router is showing that it is dropping the cells while the problem
is happening. If it was a policing issue, I would most likely be
seeing CRC errors (which I'm not) and a shut/no shut wouldn't clear
up the problem. Also, moving to 12.0(11)S3 fixes the problem, but
unfortunately leaves me with other bugs to worry about.

Jeff

--
Jeff Bartig                  |  University of Wisconsin - Madison
1210 W Dayton, Rm B263       |  Division of Information Technology