RE: [nsp] REG: MPLS based VPN's

From: Scott Morris (smorris@mentortech.com)
Date: Thu Oct 05 2000 - 08:26:20 EDT

OSPF will NOT work... It is the BGP community values that allow you to
properly filter the routes into the correct VRF. Think of the VRF as a
mini-routing-table... If you have different customers with the SAME IP
routes, OSPF (or "regular" BGP setup, or any routing protocol for that
matter) would fail. You'd have multiple destinations to IP routes, and your
customers would be very upset. :)

You need MBGP for some additional "address family" features that have been
added.

Scott Morris, MCSE, CNE(3.x), CCDP (R&S), CCIE (R&S) #4713, Security
Specialization, CCNA - WAN Switching
CCSI #21903
smorris@mentortech.com
Mentor Technologies Group, Inc. http://www.mentortech.com