[nsp] Cat1900 and VLAN trunking

From: Arvids (arvids@vendomar.lv)
Date: Mon Oct 09 2000 - 05:32:29 EDT

Hi,

I have a problem when connecting two Cat1900(V9.00.04) with ISL
trunking: let's assume the simplest case - I have two VLANs spread
across two CAT1900s, connected with ISL trunk. Everything works fine,
except such strange thing - when I move Ethernet cable from VLAN1 to
VLAN2 on one switch, I am able to see both VLANs on other switch (and
vice versa also). It happens only if I move cable from one VLAN to
other quickly enough - in about 1 minute. But if I reconnect it enough
fast and able to see the wrong VLAN, it will be so forever. It happens
only across the switches. Looking through Cisco website did not find
anything similar. Have you experienced something like that?

Regards, Arvids