Re: [nsp] Multi-Homing without BGP

From: David McGaugh (david_mcgaugh@eli.net)
Date: Fri Oct 13 2000 - 11:29:55 EDT

I agree with Tony, if you are static routing the best possible approach
would be to balance on a per-destination basis in an attempt to limit
packet disorder, however without running BGP and receiving at least some
internet routes you have no control over whether your outbound packets
are taking the most optimum route. If the low end router is a concern
with running BGP, you might talk to your providers about at least
receiving partial routes so that your router can make at least somewhat
educated routing decisions.
-Dave

--
Dave McGaugh, CCNA